1.08.2012

my chocolate chip cookie recipe :)

well i told my husband that these cookies are bloggable : ) usually i don't often taste much of my own baking. it is kind of odd i know. however, i did have one of these cookies and it was DELICIOUS!!
i think i made up my own recipe, well i tried to follow a recipe but didn't like it so i tweaked it greatly to come up with even better cookies!

sorry mom. i have always made my mom's chocolate chip cookies which are very tasty, but i can't quite get them to taste the same as she does....so i made up my own.

here is the recipe::

1 sticks softened unsalted butter (no cheating, room temperature is best)
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 c. flour
2 small tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
semi-sweet chocolate chips
milk chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 325-350 degrees.

2. In a mixer with the paddle attachment mix together the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs and vanilla. In that order : ) Don't over mix. If you are like me don't break the eggs while the mixer is going somehow I always manage to get the shells in my cookies oops. So now I break in a separate bowl first.

3. Mix in dry ingredients:: flour, baking soda, salt and constarch. You may have to add more flour, you don't want to the dough to be too sticky or too dry.

4. Mix in semi-sweet chocolate chips and milk chocolate chips. I never measure, I just dump and mix until it looks good.

5. Drop onto cookie sheet. Bake usually about 7-9 minutes, I kind of just watch them and take them out when the edges are slightly slightly browned.

6. Eat away : ) YUMMY!

simply delicious :)


my cookie monster :) his favorite dessert


No comments:

Post a Comment