6.29.2012

and so it begins...

Well, I must say we have been pretty lucky so far both babies have been on a good schedule, we have been able to feed one and then the other while one so patiently waits. We have been averaging about 4-5 hours of uninterrupted sleep with our shift schedule : ) However, today was a new day and an interesting start that is for sure.

My sister Sara reminded me that my dad once said "when you start having a few kids things can start to go haywire real fast" I am sure my mom and dad had their haywire moments with 5 kids and I have to laugh because we surely had some haywire moments this morning.

So here is how our morning went:: 

Both babies woke up at the same time and HUNGRY, it was like a symphony of little cries : )

A fuse blew in the kitchen so we did not have any power for a bit, no coffee, no bottle warmer, no pancakes : (

Right after the pancake griddle blew the fuse, our dog Morris threw up in the middle of our carpeted dining room and Mac was so kindly trying to help Jared with the carpet cleaner.

The fuse blowing caused the smoke detectors to all beep simultaneously.

Mac was HUNGRY and all riled up because the pancakes weren't coming fast enough or coming at all for that matter.

Jared couldn't fix the fuse in the kitchen because the old truck in the garage was in the way. It took awhile to fix the fuse because he couldn't find the truck keys and then to top it off it wouldn't start so he had to put it in neutral and push it out.

Mac decided to learn how to undo the deadbolt on our front door, opened both the front door and screen door and let the dog outside while we were feeding the babies. I went outside with the baby in my arms, barefoot in pajamas to track the dog down. Luckily Morris came back.

Henry spit up all over me, him and almost every item of clothing that we were both wearing.

BUT... 
You have to laugh. I am sure we are going to have our "haywire" moments... But it all works out. Everyone is napping peacefully now and I am sure the rest of our day will not be as adventurous or maybe it will : )

Sara so graciously put it, "I get why mom let us do what we did. If Mac was drawing on the wall right now with that pen I wouldn't care" and I agreed.

it is so worth it all...


Ta-Da

God gives us what we can handle and I am sure glad he gave us our three special boys.





No comments:

Post a Comment