6.15.2012

Do pregnant women become public property?

I just have to share my thoughts about pregnancy. I think pregnant women become a little bit of public property when expecting. I've had my fair share of people saying "wow you are huge", "are you going to eat that" and the list goes on. I have compiled my top moments from this pregnancy. And being pregnant with twins the comments just got better and better : ) Don't get me wrong the majority of people were wonderful and sweet. I just have to laugh when people are less than tactful : ) I definitely take every comment with a grain of salt and usually it makes me smile.


MY TOP LIST::


1."So are these twins natural or you know???" Stranger if you are asking me if I have a fertility problem then this is going to get awkward real fast. But for the books, yes natural if it's any of anyones business. 


2. As I am walking into work one day two guys outside (perfect strangers) talking amongst each other loud enough for me to hear them "Damn, she is huge and about ready to pop!" Thank you perfect strangers. I appreciate the compliment and no I am only 6 months pregnant thank you : )


3. "Are you going to drink that" As I am trying to peacefully enjoy my morning cup of coffee. Yes I am going to drink it and like it... And for educational purposes pregnant women CAN drink caffeine.


4. This one takes the cake. I was at work talking to a doctor whom I do not know about a mutual patient. In the middle of the conversation he says " Sorry but you are about ready to pop" I say Well I have three weeks to go, but I am pregnant with twins.  He so kindly says "Oh good, I was going to say that can't be one baby in there you are too big". Thank you? He proceeds to say "I mean if it was one baby in there than that is a baby that no women would want to have to deliver". I say, Um, hmm. I am speechless. Wow, well I think this conversation is over. 


5. "They let pregnant women work?" 


6. "Wow you look like you are about ready to have those babies". Well I am five months pregnant, so I have about 5 months to go. "Well they look like they could come any day". Oh is that right? As I follow it with an uncomfortable laugh.


7. Random belly touchers are always interesting. There are those family and friends that do not have to necessarily ask. Some people ask, which is fine I don't mind usually. Some people would rather not touch my belly which is perfectly fine.  AND THEN... there are those strangers who feel the urge to touch my belly and that is just weird. I say if you don't know my last name, or first name for that matter then hands off.


THE SWEETEST COMMENT I GOT WHILE PREGNANT WAS::


A lady said to Mac "Your mom's tummy is big" and Mac said "NO, NO, babies are in Mommy's tummy".  Thank you to my little man : ) 


36 weeks pregnant with twins


I laughed when I saw this :)

1 comment:

  1. This is my most facorite post yet!!! Pam, you're funny.

    ReplyDelete