6.21.2012

labor this...

So it has begun... labor. Yesterday my water broke. I walked out onto the deck at 8pm to let Jared know that indeed my water broke. At the time he was picking up a 40 lb pot in the backyard trying to transplant our Jasmine with the help of sister Sara. Sara dropped the shovel, ran over and quickly stated "you better go".  Jared, left holding the ceramic pot and a big jasmine, looked up as he was lifting and said "Any chance I could finish?" I replied "Yes". Out of all care and concern Sara was adamant that we head on out the the hospital.  Jared and I however, were hoping to postpone our trip to the hospital for awhile knowing that there was still a long journey ahead, but I suppose that is the name of the game when the water breaks.

After Jared finished replanting our Jasmine, he asked so kindly "Are you sure your water broke". I said "Well I usually don't pee down my leg, so I think so". He said "good point", and then off we went to the hospital.

We were greeted so kindly by a nice older gentleman detoxing from alcohol in the E.R., I suppose that is the normal action for 9:30 at night.

So now we are waiting and waiting and waiting. Our little twins have a mind of their own and just don't seem ready to make the move into the world which is A-okay, we will be patient. The toughest thing for me so far is that I have been leashed to the fetal monitor for my reminder of my hospital stay. I can move from the bed to the floor next to me and then back to the bed and WOW, it is difficult.

We will keep on updating as we continue to progress : )  Happy Laboring.


1 comment:

  1. ahh! so exciting! i love that you are blogging through labor. we cannot wait to see what the little bundles of joy will look like!

    ReplyDelete